Wisdom Tooth Extraction Clinic in Malvern
Some people are born without a wisdom tooth, while some have enough room in their jaws to allow the wisdom tooth that comes through much later than other teeth. For the majority, however, the wisdom tooth proves to be uncomfortable and painful when it starts to erupt. The wisdom tooth pain can become unbearable and the damage can be severe, if you ignore it. If your jaw does not have enough space, the wisdom teeth can impact the gum leading to gum infection and decay.
The dentists at Capital Dental Care can expertly take care of all your wisdom tooth-related issues if you live in and around Malvern. We are here to help you and prevent your wisdom teeth from deteriorating your oral health. Our dental studio has a warm and relaxing atmosphere to make you feel comfortable. Our dentists will assess your wisdom teeth and provide you with options to prevent further pain and complications. Our certified specialists guide you through all the necessary procedures, including pre-procedure medication and preparation and post-dental care.
Emergency Dentists in Malvern
Wisdom teeth removal is performed by a dental surgeon under anaesthesia. An incision is made on the gum tissue to access your wisdom teeth. In some cases, the wisdom teeth has to be removed in sections. The incisions are closed with stitches after the teeth removal. The recovery process can take anywhere between a few days to a week. You must take the prescribed medicines and eat soft food during the healing period.
Benefits of Wisdom Tooth Extraction
If left untreated, the wisdom tooth can often become a major dental problem for a patient. Here are a few benefits of the wisdom tooth removal procedure with Capital Dental Care:
- Gum diseases: An impacted wisdom tooth often irritates and causes inflammation to the gum. You are less likely to develop gum disease after the removal.
- Lower risk of cavities: Wisdom tooth grows in a confined space and is difficult to clean. This can eventually lead to a build-up of plaque and tartar that can cause cavities.
- Avoid pain: Impacted wisdom tooth can give you excruciating pain. This happens when it pushes against the adjacent teeth damaging their roots and causing pain.
- Less damage to other teeth: If the wisdom tooth is not removed, it may crowd the other teeth and misalign them. This can lead to several problems such as gum disease, tooth decay and more.
- Perfect smile: Your teeth can become crooked or misaligned due to an impacted wisdom tooth. However, you can maintain a healthy and beautiful smile by getting the wisdom tooth removed.
Wisdom Teeth Removal Process
This is a common dental procedure performed as a preventive measure to safeguard your oral health. You can return to your daily routine within a few days of the procedure. Here is a brief information about the process:
- Examination The process takes place over two visits to our clinic. During the initial consultation, an oral examination will be done along with an X-ray to determine the best possible solution. A customised plan will be developed based on the position of your wisdom teeth, whether it is impacted or not.
- Surgery A second appointment will be scheduled to remove your impacted teeth. The procedure will be performed under anaesthesia to ensure that you do not go through any discomfort during the surgery.
- Recovery We recommend you bring someone to drive you back home after the procedure. You will be given thorough instructions about the aftercare. You may experience swelling and mild pain, which can be controlled with medication.
We suggest that you avoid strenuous activities and take rest for the first 24 hours post the procedure.
Affordable Dental Care in Malvern
Our wide range of dental care services includes but is not limited to the following:
- Teeth cleaning: Dental cleaning twice a year is recommended to keep your gum and teeth healthy.
- Dental veneers: Porcelain veneers correct imperfections and improve the appearance of your teeth.
- Dental implants: Replacing the root of your damaged teeth with metal screw-like posts thereafter screwing or cementing in a crown.
- Root canal treatment: Removing the infected pulp and nerve of the root canal and filling it to seal the space.
- Teeth whitening: This is a process to lighten and bring out the natural colour of your teeth without impacting the surface of your teeth.
- Teeth filling: Preventing the spread of any decay in the tooth and improving overall oral hygiene by filling in the teeth.