Trusted Dental Implants Treatments in St Kilda, Melbourne
Dental implants are a highly effective treatment for missing teeth. They are usually made of titanium and placed in the jawbone to serve as a new tooth root. Over time, the bone around the implant heals and fuses to the implant, making it secure and stable.
If you are considering tooth implants, consult our qualified dentist and dental specialists at Capital Dental Care. We are your local dental care clinic in St Kilda, Melbourne, and offer a variety of implant treatments to give you the smile you have always wanted. Our team has extensive experience in performing dental implant procedures and designing a plan that meets all your individual needs. Moreover, we use the latest technology and techniques to ensure excellent results.
Dental Implants: What Is the Procedure to Get One?
Dental implants are considered to be the strongest and most durable option for replacing missing teeth. It is a titanium post that is inserted into your jawbone to function as a replacement for a natural tooth. The implant is then capped with a crown, which fills in the space left by the missing tooth.
So what are the steps we follow when performing a tooth implant?
- Consultation: The first step is to meet with our oral surgeon or periodontist and check if you are an ideal candidate. During this consultation, they will assess your jawbone and overall oral health to make sure you can get a tooth implant.
- Placement of the Implant: If you are approved for the procedure, the next step is to have the implants placed. This is generally done under anaesthesia, so you will not feel any pain during the surgery.
- Waiting Period: Once the implants are in place, you will need to wait for them to fuse to your jawbone, which can take several months. You may be fitted with a temporary filling during this period.
- Permanent Restoration: After the implants have bonded with your jawbone, you will return to have your permanent filling or restoration placed. This can be done in one visit if you are getting a dental crown or another type of fixed restoration. However, if you are getting dentures or other removable fillings, it may take two or more visits.
Benefits of Getting Dental Implants
Full-mouth dental implants come with many benefits, which is why they are a popular choice among patients and dentists alike. Here are a few of them:
- Look and Feel Natural: Dental implants look and feel just like natural teeth. This is because they are made to match the size, shape, and colour of your teeth. Additionally, they are placed in the jawbone, which further contributes to their lifelike appearance.
- Long-term Solution: Implants are extremely durable. With proper care, they can last a lifetime. Also, this makes them a much more cost-effective solution in the long run than other options like dentures, which need to be replaced every few years.
- Improved Oral Health: These implants preserve the jawbone and prevent the bone loss that can occur with other tooth replacement options. Additionally, because dental implants look and feel like natural teeth, you can brush and floss them just like you would your natural teeth, which contributes to oral health.
- No Restriction on Eating: Tooth implants function just like natural teeth, so you can eat all of your favourite food without any restrictions. With dentures, there are often certain foods that must be avoided to prevent them from breaking or becoming loose.
- Improved Speech: Because they are securely attached to your jawbone, your implants will not slip around as dentures can. This means you can speak without worrying about your teeth falling out or moving around in your mouth.
Why Choose Capital Dental Care for Dental Implant Procedures?
If you are looking for full-mouth dental implants in St Kilda, Melbourne, look no further than Capital Dental Care. We offer high-quality dental implants that are perfect for those who have lost teeth or are unhappy with their current teeth. Capital Dental Care specialises in wisdom teeth extractions in St Kilda, Melbourne. Our skilled dentists will work with you to ensure that you get the perfect implants that suit your needs and budget.
Some of the key features that make us the best oral care clinic are:
- Highly-Qualified Dentists: Our professionals have years of experience in performing tooth implants with extensive knowledge in numerous dental treatments as well as cosmetic procedures.
- Advanced Dental Technology: We use only the latest equipment and methods to perform the procedure, offering world-class services to treat your dental problems.
- Unmatched Quality: We do not compromise on quality and place a high value on key factors like customer experience and client satisfaction.
- Sterilised Workspace: You need not worry about hygiene in our clinic. Every work surface and equipment is thoroughly clean. Additionally, our dental implants are also sterilised to prevent infection or other issues.
Don’t let a broken or missing tooth affect your confidence. Instead, contact our team today and schedule a dental implant procedure for yourself. We will bring the biggest smile back to your face. To know more about our services, you can call us on 03 9533 7094 or write to us at email@example.com.
How Much Do Dental Implants Cost?
On average dental implants can cost you anywhere from AUD 3,000-5,000 for each tooth. According to the National Dental Fee Survey 2020, the cost of dental implants can go up to AUD 5,514. The cost of a dental implant will also depend on the quality of the implant and the manufacturer or brand.
It is best to follow the advice of your dentist when considering your options. You should keep in mind that the cheapest is not the best option when it comes to dental implants. Any sub-standard implant can develop cracks after only a few years of use and will require costly replacement.
How long do Dental Implants Last?
Good quality dental implants fixed by qualified and experienced dentists can last from 25 years to 40 years. Most reputable manufacturers offer a 10-year warranty on dental implants if you get a cleaning or maintenance done by Dentists. The warranty is breached if you do not follow oral hygiene, doctor’s advice or smoke.